Access to the path 'c:\index\segments' is denied ? !!!

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:49 AM
Hello ,

i'm trying to emplement the Evaluant.Searcher.WebClient into my web application but it sends an error

"System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\index\segments' is denied. "
i'm sure the c:index folder is exists but what is about segments'"

plaes help
how to emplent your project into my web application and make it index documents under certain foler

thnx
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2008 at 6:47 AM
Edited Sep 29, 2008 at 6:53 AM
Hello,  $0$0$0$0Thank to try using evaSearch :)  $0$0$0$0$0I'm sorry, because I didn't give any help aboutinstallation steps.  $0$0I think your problem is that you have not started theindexer before the client, so your c:\index folder is empty, is that right? $0$0After beginning indexation usingEvaluant.Search.Indexer, the c:\index folder will contains a filenamed segments, many *.cfs and may be a deletable file. $0$0$0$0$0Tell me if you need more help. $0$0Vincent.$0
Sep 29, 2008 at 5:51 PM
Hi,
many thanks for help i'll try to start the indexer berfor and tell you if i face any problems

thanks

To: amir_emb@hotmail.com
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 23:47:45 -0700
Subject: Re: Access to the path 'c:\index\segments' is denied ? !!! [evasearch:36622]

.ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {border-top:1px solid #ccc;color:gray;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} .ExternalClass {font-family:Verdana;font-size:0.75em;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationFooter {color:gray;border-top:1px solid #ccc;} .ExternalClass #EC_ThreadNotificationPostBody {margin-bottom:2em;} From: evilz
$0Hello, $0$0Thank to try using evaSearch :) $0$0I'm sorry, because I didn't give any help aboutinstallation steps. $0$0I think your problem is that you have not started theindexer before the client, so your c:\index folder is empty, is that right?$0After beginning indexation usingEvaluant.Search.Indexer, the c:\index folder will contains a filenamed segments, many *.cfs and may be a deletable file.$0$0$0$0Tell me if you need more help.$0$0Vincent.$0$0$0$0$0$0$0
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (evasearch@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email evasearch@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. Learn Now
Sep 30, 2008 at 3:32 PM
Hello ,
i tried to start "Evaluant.Search.Indexer" but i face a problems

1- Evaluant.Search.Model is missing (have an exclamation mark)
2-IndexConfig is not found
3-Error 9 The type or namespace name 'CronScheduling' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Documents and Settings\XPPRESP3\Desktop\evaSearch\search\Evaluant.Search.Indexer.Communication\IIndexerWCFService.cs 51 9 Evaluant.Search.Indexer.Communication

4-Error 10 The type or namespace name 'Source' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Documents and Settings\XPPRESP3\Desktop\evaSearch\search\Evaluant.Search.Indexer.Communication\IIndexerWCFService.cs 56 14 Evaluant.Search.Indexer.Communication

5-Error 15 The type or namespace name 'Catalog' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Documents and Settings\XPPRESP3\Desktop\evaSearch\search\Evaluant.Search.Indexer.Data.Services\CatalogService.cs 11 50 Evaluant.Search.Indexer.Data.Services

how could i fix this problems
please supyport me with any documentations or help if you can

regards
thanks
Oct 28, 2008 at 2:29 AM
Hi ,
i'm still wating for any reply
how toface and fix these problems !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1- Evaluant.Search.Model is missing (have an exclamation mark)
2-IndexConfig is not found

Please need help
thanks

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2008 at 9:29 AM
Hello,

I've already responded but directly by email. So I think you've never get it.

My question was : do you need sources or do you want a binnary ? In case of binnary I can give you one and explain you how to use it.

Other question do you have 3.5 framework ? Your errors are stranges ...