evaSearch is a open source enterprise server for indexing documents on local and share folders. Then you can quickly find your files using many user interfaces like a Web site or a console application.
Evaluant Search (evaSearch) is a file search engine developed in .net 3.5 and using Lucene.net. The core application is divided in two parts:
- An indexer that crawls your files and folders in differents sources and add them in the lucene index.
- A Searcher that retrieves documents from a parsable query.
The core application can be extended in two ways:
- You can create new “documents plugin” that are used to read the full clean text (text only) of your documents.
- You can create new UI like web application (basic html, SilverLight/Flash, Ajax) or desktop application since the Searcher service use WCF to communicate with UI.
At beginning evaSeach’s aim was to build an Entreprise Search Engine for basicly indexing some folders and give a simple google like web interface to retreive it.
As a true open source project (based on the MIT License), you are free to use or distribute it, in the context of an open source but also commercial products.
- Open Source under the MIT License, allowing commercial use
- Easy service installation in command line
- Catalogs : group source, and define scheduling rules on it.
- Easy backup, just save your index folder
- Very good performance
- Ranked search results
- Search query highlighting in results
- Pure managed .net 2 and 3.5 Framework
- Extensible plugin document parser
- Multiple UI
- Scheduling indexer task
- Multiple sources (actually local and share dir/files)
- Open search feed and auto discover
Technologies and components
- .net 3.5 Framwork
- Euss : Evaluant Universal Storage Services for persistance
- Linq to Euss for easy queries
- Quartz.net : Scheduler opensource assembly
- SilverLight2 for indexer manager
- WCF for all commnication
- New asp.net 3.5 controls ListView and Pager
- Lucene.net for index storage and search
People behind evaSearch
evaSearch is a project managed by the people of
and is a part of its